Long day at work? Tired or sore feet from standing all day? Big 5K marathon coming up? You deserve a foot rub!
Our feet do a lot of work for us every day (holding up the weight of our entire body!), yet they are one of the most neglected parts of our bodies. Just like your back, neck, and shoulders, your feet deserve a little TLC and rub. To pamper your feet and keep them strong and flexible, a daily foot massage is great option; there is nothing quite as relaxing as a foot rub at the end of a long day.
Top Four Reasons for a Foot Rub
First, it helps you to relax. After a long and stressful day, all you want to do is kick your feet up on the sofa, rest, and relax. A quick foot rub can definitely help improve your mood and general well-being.
Second, massaging your feet can help to improve your blood circulation and relieve body pain. After standing or walking around all day, our feet can tend to swell up or be stiff. Sometimes our shoes are the wrong size and they don’t give enough support, causing an uncomfortable feeling and obstructing blood flow. A foot massage can help improve this (as well as getting proper and comfortable footwear).
Third, a massage can help make feet healthier. A few minutes of foot massage daily can help transport oxygen to the body’s cells and helps stimulate muscles around your feet. Rubbing your ankles can give relief and hopefully make them stronger to resist against possible injuries. It is so easy for muscle soreness to happen, so we must try our best to give relief to our feet.
Fourth, a foot massage can help promote better sleep. Doing a foot massage after an exercise or right before bed can help blood circulation and relax the nerves to give you better and restful sleep.
An Decadent White Chocolate Peppermint Rub
You will instantly fall in love with the chocolatey peppermint scent of our foot rub which has a great combination of therapeutic, aromatherapy, and skin softening and cooling ingredients that will leave your feet pampered and your soul relaxed. Some of the key ingredients in the foot rub include: 200mg full spectrum hemp extract (CBD), shea butter, coconut oil, cocoa butter, grape seed oil, and peppermint and lavender essential oils. The combination of oils and butters contains essential fatty acids that moisturize and provide anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. The Phyto cannabinoids of the hemp extract have been bonded to lipids that allows for a higher transdermal bioavailability. The essential oils provide a cooling, therapeutic, and aromatic sensation. It is a great product to use to give yourself a foot rub or someone else (if you are feeling generous).
Steps for a Relaxing Foot Rub
Here are some easy steps to follow to give yourself a relaxing foot massage:
- Wash your feet with soap and rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Sit in a quiet room (or turn on soft, soothing music) in a comfortable chair and stretch out for a few minutes.
- Take a small amount of Peppermint Foot Rub and use your thumb to move up and down on the bottom of your right foot (repeat 10-15 times).
- Use thumb and index finger to squeeze toes to increase blood circulation (10 seconds for each toe). Pull toes outwards with fingers to stretch the muscles.
- Rub in circular motions and apply pressure where there is most tension. Use fingers or knuckles to apply deeper pressure and give a more intense massage to more sore areas.
- Rub heels and rotate in clockwise motion to increase blood circulation (2-3 minutes).
- Repeat steps 3-6 above with left foot.
- Cover with your favorite furry socks to keep your feet super moist and toasty warm.
We put our feet through a lot during the day, so we should give back. After reading this, I sure hope you are giving your feet some love! You deserve it.
CONTRIBUTED BY EMILY FELIX